Classroom Website

Monday 4 May 2020

Tuesday, May 5th

Good Tuesday morning,

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's story of hope about Emmanuel. Today we are going to focus on gratitude for our loved ones. This Sunday is Mother's Day so I thought that today we can start  creating a special poem for our Moms or Grandmas or special Aunties (or all three)! Before you start, I'd like you to look at this video about similes What are Similes?

Grab a sheet and complete the simile sentence starters below. Be creative and write from your heart! This is just your rough draft! 


Here is an example: 
My Mom (Grandma/Auntie, Neighbour Sally) is as pretty as a monarch butterfly.
My Mom is as smart as a wise an owl...

Try to do your rough draft today. I will do one today as well and share my rough draft with you tomorrow. You have until Sunday (Mother's Day) to copy it onto a paper in your best printing and decorate around it! If you need more inspiration for similes, I assigned you the following book on Epic!


Have a terrific day. I am grateful for each and every one of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment