Classroom Website

Sunday 31 May 2020

Monday, June 1st

Good morning!

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend and that you managed to stay warm yesterday. Brrr! Here are a few ideas to get your school week started...

Language: Your word wall words this week are:

  • probably
  • through (i.e. I accidentally walked through a spider's web.)
  • threw (i.e. I threw a great spiral while playing football.)
  • weather (i.e. The weather outside is wonky cold!)
  • whether (i.e. I can't decide whether to play Minecraft or Skylanders.)
Complete the sheet below. You can choose 2 additional words from a previous week to fill out the chart.

Math: Today we are going to learn about perimeter:


Can you thinking of an example in daily life when you might need to measure perimeter? My sister needed to know the perimeter of her garden when she purchased this netting to protect her veggies from squirrels and bunnies:


If I successfully convince my husband that we need a puppy, we will have to calculate the perimeter of our backyard to build a fence so that the adorable puppy doesn't run away!

I have assigned you a brief video on Epic Books that clearly explains how to calculate perimeter.


Now you can complete today's worksheet. Remember to show your addition and to include the units (cm) in your answer: Perimeter Practice

Have a super day and look for opportunities to practise your growing measurement skills! 




No comments:

Post a Comment