Classroom Website

Sunday 24 May 2020

Monday, May 25th

Good morning families!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here are some ideas for your Monday learning:

Language: This week's word wall words are:

  • your (I like your spunk!)
  • you're (I think you're very kind.)
  • found
  • float
  • discover
Complete the sheet below. Choose a challenging word wall word from a previous week as your 6th word.

Math: This week we begin linear measurement! Take a look at this video to review measurement units. Get ready to rock out! I found myself doing the robot while listening to it! Metric System Song


I usually tell students that:

  •  1 cm is about as wide as a their pinkie finger
  •  1 m is about the length of a really big step or hop (depends how long your legs are)
  • 1 km takes about 15 minutes to walk (less if you are walking briskly). 


On the following page, choose whether you would measure the objects using centimetres (cm) or metres (m). 

No comments:

Post a Comment