Classroom Website

Monday 13 November 2017

Shedding Light on This Week's Precept...

Every Monday morning, I introduce the Weekly Precept and we discuss its deeper meaning. This morning after sharing it with the students, their responses were so lovely that I felt compelled to write down their words and share them with you. The precept that launched this discussion was:


"When it's dark, be the one who turns on the light!"


Here are their responses which warmed my heart and made me grateful that I get to spend my weekdays with such wise and kind students:

"If light is good, and darkness is bad, dark is someone being mean to you and you ignore them with your light." - Cameron


"When somebody is sad, be the one to help them." -Lilah

“When someone is being mean to you, and you just want to be bad back, STOP! Be nice. Be the light and they will shine their light back at you.”  -Brionna    “Like a mirror!” added Josh.

“When you forgive someone who is bullying you, it will confuse them.” - Emily

"When you help somebody, you make the light shine in their hearts." -Alrizha


No comments:

Post a Comment